At Stor-A-Way, we care about the safety of your belongings. We want to make sure that your items stay intact and free of damage when you store with us. Please take a look at these helpful storage tips to follow when packing and storing in order to keep your things free from harm.
- Pack all items carefully and plan ahead to avoid future hassle and damage during transport.
- Use sturdy boxes that are not worn out and will not crush under the weight of other boxes.
- Fill all boxes to capacity and pack newspaper, towels, or shredded paper to fill in any empty spaces.
- Don't make your boxes too heavy by overloading.
- Seal all boxes with packing tape to keep out any dust from collecting while in storage.
- Pack fragile items in towels or paper and pack tightly to avoid shifting and damage during moving.
- Wrap all sharp objects in cloth to avoid harm while unpacking.
- Make sure all items are dry when packing to prevent mold.
- Wrap mirrors and frames with bubble wrap to keep glass from breaking.
- Disassemble tables and any other furniture to save space while in your storage unit.
- Use furniture covers and moving blankets to help protect your furnishings.
- Do not store any materials that are flammable or combustible, including gasoline, oil or cleaning supplies.
- Lawnmowers and other equipment that use gasoline should be drained before being put in storage.
- Bring Plenty of storage supplies to securely pack your belongings.
Visit our Locations page to find the Stor-A-Way storage facility nearest you!